Friday 11 April 2014

Mother's love

On a sunday morning, while sitting on a bench, watching the kids playing in the park, a boy in ripped clothes crossed my sight. For an instant i didn’t notice him, later when i was walking out of the park, i saw this little kid sitting alone under the tree. I approached near him and asked, “Why are you not playing with the other kids?” He looked up and just passed a smile. He looked skinny, his hair were flinging, clothes ripped, his innocent face hid the sadness with that smile. For once i figured, maybe he was lost or some other kid beat him up! I sat beside him under the tree and asked him again, “Isn’t your mother here with you?” He silently nodded his head, i was curious about how this kid was different from the other children, who were sliding, swinging.and playing on the see saw!
I tried to make him laugh by cracking a joke, to which he replied, “Don’t you like to feel the silence?” I was amazed to hear such a reply.
I further asked him, “You look unhappy, does no one play with you?”
He replied, “They don’t like to play with me coz i am poor.”
I asked him, “Where are your parents?”
“I don’t have parents, they abandoned me”, he said.
I looked at him, his eyes were moist, i asked him about his whereabouts, to which he replied,” I used to  live in a grand mansion, which is no more a house now, it is like a dungeon filled with darkness, it is completely silent, there is nobody to welcome me when i get back to home, the dead silence bites like hell, now i don’t feel like living there anymore.”
“Why did your parents abandon you? Where are they now?” I questioned him.
“They just got busy in their own lives, dad doesn’t care about the family and my mother went away” he added.
“So what about you now? Who takes care of you?” i again questioned him.
He replied,” I myself. I feel weak and rotten from inside, i miss my younger brother, i loved him but he went away with my mother, i miss my mother but i can’t talk to her, i don’t feel like talking, i can’t even share my feelings to anyone. To others,  i’ve made myself strong, i don’t cry anymore. Although i carry a smiling face, but from inside i have left all the hopes, I am dead. Maybe it was me who couldn’t hold them or may be it’s my fate to live without mother’s love.”
With this confession of his, he was fading away, he disappeared with a flash of wind, there was no one sitting beside me,  maybe it was his soul looking for someone to takeoff his load, my blood froze to encounter that little kid who didn’t even exist in this world, there was utter silence all around, right under that tree, i stood speechless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment